Thursday 13 October 2011

Just Too Busy Being Fabulous

Ahh yes. Personas.

A pose. An act. A facade. A cover story. A decoy.

More particularly, the act of superiority in front of selected ones.

One moment you're showing your true self.
But in the next, you're an innocent peacock prancing and strutting upon the stage.

Hey, the pigeons and sparrows aren't blind.





The demons within us - the most selfish, destructive and immature.

We wear personas as masks to hide these ugly tendencies from public view. The outer image of ourselves portrayed by the persona is usually the exact opposite of the inner image we hold of our own shadow.

There are those that fail to comprehend the social need to disguise their negative behaviour. Once triggered, their negative side is expressed directly.

And of course, there are those (smarter individuals) that find comfort in being free and uncontrolled, with their close ones - Negative sides gets exposed. Although these people you're close with do accept your flaws and weaknesses..

Man, it hurts like hell to see you wearing 'the persona' in front of others.



But.


There are people with the courage to fight the flaws within, eliminating them completely. Even with personas, they'll show their negative side to no one, not even to themselves. These weaknesses are known to fade away with time, if they're suppressed, controlled and actively improved overtime.


I'm blessed to meet respectable individuals whom I think are just..
Rock solid in terms of character.

I aspire to be like them, someday, one day, hopefully.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



You may think that..
I'm cunningly portraying my innocent angle in my posts.
I'm fabricating these deceptions to make myself look good.
I'm seeking for a false sense of security in my own set of delusions.

Yep you're right. Maybe, I truly am.

I'll readily admit that.


;/





Everyone will get to watch his/her perfect show.
While some of us get to see the ugly props and imperfections, backstage.


But hey, who am I to assume that I'm not running my own set of shows?

No comments: