Wednesday 21 December 2011

I promised them a thousand letters

And here I am, writing to them only for special days and events.

They're my close buddies and my all time fav cousins.
They're the ones who made me smile during my childhood.
They made me learn through my childish mistakes.
But they also tease me to push me to my limits in whatever stuffs I do.
They made me cry whenever I lost to them, and I even ran out of the house at 2am. (when I lost to them in table tennis at home lol!!)
I'll never forget that night.

And I found out one day that it's all deliberately planned. Not that they made a huge meeting or anything luh to do this to me. But I guess it's just a simple, hey, can you take care of Azmi for us?

Some of the elderly folks in my family and extended family wanted them to do that to me. Surprised? Odd? I don't think so :P


I was an ultra cry baby + spoilt child + weak combo mega meal set.

But I realized one day, that I was growing to be mentally stronger and more tolerant due to their mean actions. And I must say, I'm thankful for it. Really.

Ahh, good times.
(yeah try saying that last time when you're crying in front of them xD)

They'll tease when I'm playing soccer with them.
(Haha back then I really can't kick!)
They'll tease me (extreme) when I lose to them in PS2 games, carrom, chess, checkers - anything really.

"Uh oh losing alr sia someone!!"
"Hahaha cannot aim!"
"Looooserrzzxczxcz"

But.

But. They're extremely nice people. Extremely. They took great care of me. Bring me out and treat me meals, have a walk at Changi (airport and changi beach - all time fav spot, last time)

At that time, I was really confused. Why are they so mean but nice at the same time!

But now, I know. It's for a good reason.

Maybe their way of treating me might not work out well for different people, but man, I'm really really thankful.


And now, in times of need for support, I'm not there for them.


4 years ago, I promised them a thousand.
Now, I'm ashamed at the actual number I've given to them.





Be grateful. And show it.

No comments: