Sunday 15 July 2012

Blue flower, green thorns

I'm a jungle kid.

It's in my blood to sleep under a canopy, bathe my clothes in mud, have the plants and leaves on me as concealment, prone down flat on leaf litters with never before seen insects crawling under your nose, look beyond the dark horizon for silhouettes, being completely silent and still during movement, gazing up at the stars for inspiration, looking at the beauty of nature for motivation. I take pride in keeping my rifle clean, guarding it with my life, and making it an extension of who I am. Throw me in a jungle with my buddies, camaraderie will keep us alive.

But it will just be a memory now.

No more Bear Grylls for me, but I know who I can be next: Austin St. John.

On a different tone, I don't have to hold my breath and wait for an answer for social night.

Pheeeeuuw.


A different purpose.
New meaning.
New motivation.

Grow in green, bloom in blue.

No comments: