Sunday 10 April 2016

Nobody

I had a meaningful childhood. I respect and admire the kid 'me'. Here's why.

My first gaming platform was the SEGA console. Super Mario Bros 3. Contra. Rockman. I mastered an important life skill - blowing into cartridges. These 3 games were superb.

My second was the PlayStation. Had it as a post-sunat gift when I was 4 - 5 years old. I remember coming home after sunat in my kain to see the console already running with my first ever PS1 game called 'Klonoa'. It is a wonder how my mom found her way through the Japanese game menu to enter the first stage. I had (have) a million games. Some of the games are extremely special and meaningful to me.

Reel fishing. Tomba 2. Puzzle Bubble. Bomberman. Gran Turismo. Tarzan. Dragonball Z. Monster Rancher. Toys Story 2. Digimon World.

I had (have) a million games. Yes, I keep them. Most of the games are still playable. Yes, my PS1 still works.

My third gaming platform was the GameBoy Colour. I had the original gameboy with black and white screen, but it wasn't mine, so it wasn't of meaning to me. GBC had its own.. colour in my life. Pokemon Blue. Pokemon Crystal.

My fourth was the PlayStation 2. Spiderman 2 was my first game. I remember the first night with the game. Actually, I remember how these special games made me feel. I treasure these meaningful sentiments. Kingdom Hearts 2. Harvest Moon: A wonderful life. The list goes on.

My gaming life continued on PC but something got left behind. Something stopped. It was never quite the same. I grew up? I don't believe in that conventionalized claim. I read about it recently. Growing up feels like it's about shaking things off. Growing up feels like a process of finding out who and what we're meant to be in the first place.

Wonder. Curiosity. Humility. Instinct. Trust. Passion. Constant. Renewal. Fears. Confidence. Intuition. Confusion. Uniqueness. Meaning. Independence. Purity.

I feel like sharing.

I think I'm tired.

I feel special.

I think I shall stop sharing.

No comments: