Wednesday 26 April 2017

Tired

This morning, I heard a baby myna chirping near my window. There were two adult mynas being all loud and melodious. I recognize one of them - the mother. Its nest is near the lift. The baby myna was on the grass. They were teaching the baby myna how to fly. Threw pieces of bread and the pigeons came, along with a crow who sized up its prey (baby myna), and approaching it slowly. It pulled the baby myna by its feet. The mother myna was surprisingly cool about it. I wasn't. I threw bigger pieces of bread for the crow. It took a big piece and flew away. The mother myna then took a piece of bread for its baby, but it used it to lure the baby up on the tree.

When I came back home this evening, the 3 mynas were still there. The baby hopped around. Saw it flapping its wings. Lifted itself up for a bit. Went down to give them bread. The mother myna took a piece in its mouth. It kept going near the baby with the bread, but then it will fly up to a branch to lure him up. Where will the baby sleep if it can't get up to a branch before dusk?

I wonder how these 3 mynas are feeling. They're loud. Happiness, excitement, worry, fear? They make various chirping sounds. Sounds when they get food, when communicating with one other, fending off other birds, grooming themselves. Lively. I heard a set of foreign chirps just now. Was looking at the big trees around the back carpark area. Saw 2 green birds with a long tail. Parrots, here?

No comments: