Friday 8 August 2008

Medium of the Memory

If you only knew.

Your memories, your past.
They are the ones that created who you are now.
And thinking abt those times, they will make you ponder and reflect abt who you really are.
For me, my memories are the ones that'll make me smile.
For me, my memories too, are my weaknesses.. possibly.

----------------------
(sidetrack)
Do you guys know that I hate the modern world that we're living in now?
Selfishness, Corruption, Greed. They are all close friends of the 'modern world'
I define the modern world as from "2002 onwards"
Man.. Man.. man.. (don't digress)
----------------------

There are a lot of factors that made me wana go back to the past again. (Time Machines!!)
Hu doesn't? Anyone? You?
Partly due to 'life sucks now', & other than that, my life now is super mundane.
Why? When I was young, my whole family, (whole as in aunts, cousins, etc), always had time to have fun together.
Played around, joked, laughed. Went to holidays together, had fun at my village together..etc.
But now? Not a single bit. I've not tasted true holidays or family bonding after the year 2002.
Why? I can't expose my personal stories on the world wide web can I? xP


Memories. They are captured when they are significant.
And when there are mediums facilitating to capture them.
Not in terms of photos and vids of your (holidays or stuffs for eg.).
It's more towards the atmosphere and the feelings/emotions that you'll get
when you experience that particular medium.

For me, it's songs and videos (for eg, cartoons, shows).
When I listen to a song or watch a show, and on that period of time,
I'm feeling an atmosphere of something that can't be replaced by words...
Snap. It's captured there.

Ever wondered why I prefer old songs and not the current/latest ones?
xD
Now you know.

And today, I browsed through these mediums again. Wow.
I nearly teared watching / hearing them.
Looking and enjoying back at what you originally did is not childish FYI.
It's just appreciating the unfolding nature of a beautiful life.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a very simple example.

No comments: