Tuesday 30 September 2008

Nostalgic Sentimentality

This year's fasting month is really.. unique in a particular way.

I'm sure you'll (muslim friends) agree that it feels so.. accelerated. Thanks to the foresights
of examinations. =]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all. I like to say SELAMAT HARI RAYA EIDULFITRI to all muslim friends of mine and blog readers. After 30 healthy days of fasting, i hope we can learn something from this
annual religious practice.

And I am pretty sure that some of us won't sleep tonight. Possibly due to the mixed emotions of happiness and solemness.

An hour ago, there, arrives the awaited confirmation that tomorrow is the hari raya, by the reciting of the hari raya azan .

*confirmation?*

Yeah. We will have to confirm that the "anak bulan" appears on the night of hari raya. If not, no hari raya! simple. HAHA. My parents shared their youth experiences when the hari raya was told to be one day later of the predicted date. Means they have to fast for one more day.
And some hari raya came earlier than expected. So yah, they were rushing like mad to cook and prepare their houses for the early, big day. x)

& I want to align both of my hands, kneel down before you, and humbly request for acceptance of my apology. I'm definite that I have surely done something wrong before to you. Please forgive my childish acts and mistakes. And forgive me if you were disgusted by my previous actions.


Hamba mohon maaf zahir dan batin.


Forgive and forget. Only one of that is easy i suppose. So take it that we mature forward after realizing our mistakes.

=)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving away from hari raya,

Anyone of you appreciate older versions of things?
For example, umm.. Power rangers? (lame, i know. bear with me)
There are many different versions of Power Rangers, and most of them were made with better technology, yet many still prefer the earlier versions more than the current ones.

Why?

It's really unique to understand our nature of thinking preference. And the power ranger concept is just a specific example, so, think generally from now onwards. I think that this is just a cunning trick being played by our minds. Oh I love mind games xD. It is possible that our personality and preference are different from our current. You may love the Mighty Morphins when you were young, and still stick with it coz at that point of time, you were being filtered to think that possibilities of greater versions are basically impossible. (young minds, must understand xD)

Then, when the 'greater' versions arrive, you are mature enough to dislike it anymore, AND still stick with the earlier ones. I know it's confusing, but this is just my point of view. And I have been pondering on this thingy. So , if you guys are free to comment about this topic, please do so. =]

I leave it to you to think about further possibilities and examples about this issue.
Hint: I love eating tom yam soup.

p.s.:These self-mind games can harm you. Well, maybe not harm, but affect negatively. xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And once again, Selamat Hari Raya! =)

No comments: