Monday 3 March 2008

Tiring day. Monday =.=
waddaya expect.

12.30, left school to cheer fr the tennis team.
VS won ACS Bukker [lol. i donoe hw ta spell] 4 - 1
PhotographerBOI wif THE MING aka CABOOSE aka HONGKER BLARGER.

i think u guys noe larh lor.

5pm reached school. LJS.
HOME.

Made sum very useful english notes and reflections. IMO.
Used a few of my frens compo as a guide for the sentence structure and use of colourful
language. (fyi, can view the posted compos of the whole sec 3 at VS website)


--------------------------------------------------------



Ok, ok. Now, different tone of voice. Serious and a lil bit more "life-based"
Diao.

I think the world is changing. I'm being too complacent.
I always think that to be an intelligent student, u juz needa listen in class, do HW.
I was right, up to sec 1.
Sec 2 - significant and gradual decrease in marks.

This shows that I seriously need to study and not juz depend on my teachers.
Time to change my view towards life and how I'm gona be successful later on.

My uncle text me this. And i think its seriously useful for us, teens.

"Rmbr this advice. SUCCESS will come after failures. Find out
the errors and put i the extra effort to AVOID similar mistakes.
Don't feel bad abt it."

Haiz, u guys wan me to post the essay I made? It's an assignment given by my uncle. =)
I hope u guys can learn sumting from it kaes..

Anticipating problems


Previously, my friends and I were addicted to online games. This is a pretty typical obsession with boys. They are easily influenced by their friends. I spent hours and hours, playing. Now, I’ve stopped as there is no time for that at all. I realised that games won’t lead me to greater heights. Games won’t secure me a good job in the future. But, there is something in games that may lead you to a successful individual in terms of life skills.

One way or another, they're great practices for certain areas of life. Most of the success in such games comes from experience of playing them, and learning how to anticipate the problems that come up.

For instance, the first time you have to fight a “boss” at the end of stage, it'll probably deploy some kind of weapon or move on you to totally destroy you. You will usually lose to the great power and challenge of the boss. This will translate into anger and frustration. As boys, you like challenges. And you will always try your best to overcome it. But gradually, as you fight him again and again, you learn how to anticipate his actions. You can guess, or even be certain about how he's going to behave, and develop the familiar moves for overcoming each attack. Soon, you can kill him with ease.

Much success in real life is much the same. Failure and rejection in life can be brutal experiences. Like a new player up against a big boss, someone trying out relationships, careers, investment or anything else can quickly get annihilated. And the pain of such failure can be comparable to physical pain, a deep ache inside that can last weeks, months, and years. The typical reaction of humans is that they will be emotionally disturbed, depressed and sometimes it may lead to suicidal thoughts.

W
ith each failure, you learn how to anticipate what's likely to happen next time. If you missed out on that great job because you didn't know the answer to a particular interview question, you know to look that question up for the next opportunity. For me, if I receive a wrong answer, I’ll know my mistakes and learn from them, to prepare myself for the next tests. Never duel on past events as time doesn’t move backwards and time stops for no one.

While failure and rejection can be horrible experiences, making it seem as if your very soul is fading away, they contain the seeds of success. Failing is a harsh, but necessary, part of succeeding. Just as you're unlikely to beat the “big-boss” the first time you meet him in an online game, it's unlikely you'll come out ahead the first time you try things out in real life.

Indeed, what distinguishes most successful people from the average is the string of previous failures they've racked up. I've fought and been killed by the big-boss so many times, that I can now anticipate his every move and have a strategy in place for dealing with that situation. Nothing teaches as well as the sting of defeat. I will always do badly for my early year CA1 exam. Then, I will learn from my previous mistakes and remind myself not to be careless. And my SA2 exam (end of year) will be very high.

That's why it's important to brace yourself for failure and rejection and face your vulnerabilities head-on. Fighting and blasting your way through this path of failure is the only way to find success. Once you got the gist of it, rays of light will fall on you, shining, blinding every single failure. Stay in the light, and you’ll need not worry about anything, everything.

And knowing this can help you psychologically deal with set-backs in life. While others cower in their shelters, avoiding failure and humiliation at all costs, you are brave enough to face them. You can let people laugh at your set-backs today, knowing that tomorrow they'll be envious of your achievements.



Sincerely yours,
__Azmi__

No comments: