Thursday 8 March 2012

Some sort of natural hardisk

I remember, I was watching TV in my aunt's room and I fell asleep on the floor with my elbow resting on the remote control. Out of all the buttons I could possibly press, I accidentally increased the volume and the room morphed into a cinema theatre or some sort. I woke up and I swore I thought I was in an action film. But I saw my relatives rushing into the room - it was reality.

I remember, we were having an art workshop in a college. After presenting the final product in the auditorium, students from all the different schools gathered for a formal photo. Some genius suggested to his friends in the front row to lower their heads and show just their hairs. When the photographer counted to 3, we executed the plan perfectly. But our teacher reviewed the photo on the spot and volunteered us to clean up the art rooms for the college. Where were you, lady luck.

I remember, there were 15 continuous phone calls at midnight but I ignored them. I was too sleepy to do anything. Surprisingly by the 16th call, I picked it up. It was my friend. He asked if I was free the next day at 8am. There was silence for a good 10 seconds. Then I replied, "Hey can I sleep first?" and I dozed off. The great thing is, I couldn't recall anything when I met him afterwards. Ah, a sleeptalker.

I remember, it was raining heavily in Kahang during our overseas camp. We had to pitch a tent at the open field and by sheer chance, we were forced to change the tents and replace the spoiled parts 5 times. We were the last group and we took half an hour longer than everyone else. No umbrellas. No raincoats. It's officially the coldest day for me, literally. And a bee had to disturb our night by buzzing underneath the tent. Yes, a trapped bee under the tent.

I remember, a group of teens was being a tad too loud downstairs at night. My parents couldn't sleep so my dad filled a plastic bag with water, tied it up, open the windows and threw it down. It was too epic and I nearly died laughing. Didn't hit them though.

I remember, I was in China for an exchange programme. Beautiful memories. Pandemonium in our double-story house. Vidcam's slow death at the top of the tall temple. A person being stuck in the middle of two beds. Damien climbing to the 2nd floor and opening the door from inside when we couldn't find the key. My buddy's homestay meal. Singing Jay Chou's songs in class. And the most humiliating moment - getting laughed at by students through their class windows when I couldn't rollerskate properly during PE session. But somehow, it didn't happen again when I played a match with them on the field. Weird. Hahahaha.

I remember, going for a photog talk. At the registration counter, I joked in front of the registration members, teasing them about having lucky draws. They apologized to me for not having one. But at the end of the talk, the speaker announced a surprise lucky draw with the winner getting a Canon cap, keychain, and bottle. And guess who won the lucky draw. Just guess. You'll get it right.

I remember, watching Jupiter in the night sky using a telescope in school. It was my first experience. I could see it's famous giant storm and surprisingly, it's small ring too. Yes, Jupiter has a ring. I thought there would be hundreds of people queueing up for the view, but the turn-up was less than 20. Glad to have more time with the telescope. Shocked to realize that not many people are interested in the extraterrestrial.

I remember, bringing my friend to changi village for a live Saturday night performance by a band called Changi Gliders. Mmm - songs that fed our musical tastebuds. When they were playing the starting instrumentals of a song by The Eagles, the lead singer came up to us and grabbed my friend to sing with him. How fortunate.

I remember, overnighting at the airport with a couple of dudes after sending a friend off at midnight. He treated us to supper at Popeye's and one of us sneaked money into his bag before leaving. We made the viewing gallery our home. I was surprised at the number of people sleeping there too. Substitute the breeze with aircon, and beach view with airplanes taking off - Picnic.

I remember, breaking a personal record for 35 hours of not sleeping - made possible by the chalet at east coast. Running around at 3am on the beach, walking to macs at the other end of ecp. Walked back to vs in the morning with our eyes closed. I crashed on the pb room's table and Quinn poured water on me to wake me up coz we had to finish up the yearbook.

I remember, being voted as the sacrifice to the big fish pond at night after SLI. Was it due to my birthday? Not too sure. But I'm sure that around twenty people chased me and Taufik throughout the entire campus. Got trapped at a dead end and they carried me away. I acted as though I had a massive cramp and they trusted me, twice. Sigh. Ran away both times. Got caught in the end and I remember hearing some sort of tribal chants and dance around me when I was wriggling around beside the pond. And then Woooosh. The taste of pond water - priceless. Hahaha. The next investiture? We tried to do the same. Unlucky - an Ipod went into the pond and someone had their front tooth removed during the struggle.

I used to blog about the little things like these that are worthy for a revisit.

I'm not doing that anymore nowadays. Or maybe in a way, I still am.

AND by the way, my cousin has a blog that's called purrfectinpynque or smth like that.

o.o


Look out for a special update post tmrw night! Gracias amigos.

No comments: